Cheating generally means that you are not fully satisfied with your current partner or you feel that something is missing in the relationship. If you were completely in love and happy within your relationship, why it might happen that your partner have an affair?
Trust is a big reason, not of your partner, but yourself. Probably for some time you have sensed something is different or questioned the change of behavior in your partner. Nobody deserves to be cheated on, no matter what state your marriage is in and if you believe your partner is having an affair now is the time to check it out and do a little investigation just to be sure.
19 signs that your spouse is cheating include:
1. Changes in appearance and attitude
She has a sudden preoccupation with her appearance. She is more interested on how she dresses; go often to a hair salon and even to gym, even if this wasn’t her main priority before.
2. Lessened intimacy
If in the past you used to share everything with your wife and then suddenly she seems distanced and clams up when you try to discuss intimate things, it could mean that she has already distanced herself emotionally and mentally from you. She is suddenly frigid and loses any interest in doing anything with her husband.
3. She’s being secretive
She’s no longer sharing her daily events with you. She might avoid you because she feels guilty. Don’t get paranoid and suspicious, ask her if everything is ok and tell her she’s been acting differently lately.
4. Disinterest in family
If your wife is no longer excited to meet you at the door from work there must be a problem here. Or when your partner feels the sudden need to go out try to find a reason to accompany her.
If she comes up with a reason that she had to go on her own push the issue, not too much but just enough to see if she becomes more uncomfortable.
5. Less arguing and fighting
She used to get angry if you didn’t want to come out with her and her friends, but now everything you do is all right by her.
Once upon a time, your every move had to be premeditated, but now all the small things you used to mess up aren’t enraging her. This could be a good thing, but you wonder why she no longer cares.
6. More phone and internet
In the last time she speaks a lot at the telephone using a low voice or whisper on the phone and hangs up quickly. Maybe she set up a new e-mail account and doesn’t tell you about it.
Watch out because she might buy a cell phone and doesn’t let you know. Ask her if she is being true with you and if she becomes accusatory then it is obvious that she is cheating you.
7. She’s always late
In the past she never came home late but now this happens more and more. Her explanation is that she had to stay more at the office because she has a lot of work to do. Or she goes to the store and comes home four hours later.
8. An obvious emotional withdrawal from you… and a lack of emotional intimacy. When you are fighting, it is difficult to find emotional intimacy and often a cheater may create a fight, because he needs space and distance from the relationship. Therefore, he can subvert the relationship and regain control.
9. Extra time spent away from home, i.e. late nights at the office, work on the weekends, trips away from home and without you.
10. The tell-tale lipstick on his collar, marks on his body, unfamiliar scents in the air and clothing, all pointing to intimacy with someone else.
11. Lack of physical intimacy with you.
12. Stirring the pot, starting fights at home.
13. Acting vacant and detached from you.
14. Sudden interest in his appearance: losing weight, working out at a gym, buying new clothes.
15. Often exhibiting a younger look.
16. Unusual showering patterns, when he returns home.
17. Possessiveness. Accusing you of flirting or being interested in others. Remember: the best offense is a good defense.
18. Picking on you, and undermining everything you do. Or, on the other hand, being excessively flattering and polite, bringing home the occasional flowers or gifts.
19. Telling you that he needs time alone to think about your relationship. You can be sure, if he goes away to think about your relationship… he’s not going alone.